Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Apparently I need to turn up the heat :)

"Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about...

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

I absolutely love Charlie Brown's Christmas. It is the only Christmas cartoon they show on TV still that tells the Christmas story. Everything else is all Santa, reindeer, and presents. Only Linus could deliver the Christmas message with such sincerity and simplicity. That really is what Christmas is all about. Now, I'm still all for Santa and presents, but it is nice to step back and think about the true meaning of Christmas.

Ok. And just because I can't resist...here's what Bentley and Doozer got for Christmas. Yes. I'm one of "those" people who buys gifts for their pets. Now each animal only got one gift, so they aren't totally spoiled. And both gifts have a purpose. Bentley's is so that he doesn't bother the other dogs today and my husband's parent's house. And Doozer's is so she doesn't have to be too bored at home all by herself again.



Doozer, scaling the couch with her new "kong wubba".



I bet this only takes him an hour.

I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas with family and friends. Running is in the plans for this weekend, just as soon as the freezing rain stops and the 1/2 inch of ice melts from the streets :) Wouldn't want to "fall down go boom" before New Year's :)

Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. your puppies look like they enjoyed their christmas! My dogs kill every single plush/squeaky toy they get within 20 mins...but its fun while it lasts

    Would you mind sharing these this with your wonderful bloggers?

    My new Sunday FunDay
    http://runninaround.wordpress.com/2009/12/28/llrps-sunday-funday-a-new-tradition/

    My Holiday Giveaway
    http://runninaround.wordpress.com/2009/12/25/270/

    and My 1,010 (miles) for 2010 Challenge
    http://runninaround.wordpress.com/2009/12/23/another-celebrity-goodbye-and-a-new-challenge-for-the-blog-world/

    Thank you so much! I would really appreciate it =)

    ReplyDelete