Monday, January 11, 2010

Guess What I Did?!?!?!?

I finally got off the excuses bus and ran!

When I got home today, the temperature wasn't horrible (25 w/ wind chill of 15) so I decided to suck it up and go for it. Besides, Bentley was jumping in circles and whining and totally creeping me out. He was going stir crazy being cooped up in the house because of the cold!

Ok, so, the run. I am now following the 10K plan from the Beginning Runner's Handbook. I will be using this blog as a training log. I have no 10K in my plans, I just want to be able to run that distance before I start training for my half.

BRH: Week 1 Session 1

Run 1 minute, walk 2 minutes. Repeat 12 times.

Time: 45:49
Distance: 3.01 miles

Felt great! The body was a little sore because I hadn't used those muscles in a long time. Hopefully I can keep my New Year's goal of running 2-3 times a week. The actual temp is supposed to be in the 20's this week (w/ windchill it won't feel like it). I don't have any evening plans except for Wednesday, so I should be able to do this again :) Yay!

So glad I got back out there!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! Congrats! sometimes all it takes is to get out there and go for it but laying in bed is so much easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I do to help me keep to my # of days a week is I have a schedule. I actually put mine into www.buckeyeoutdoors.com and it emails me everyday what I workout is. Anyways, I print out the calendar and put it on the fridge and I can see that Monday's, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday are run days. I know that I can move things around if I need to but since its on the calendar I don't have to decide each day if I run or not.

    If you're following a 10K it may be fun to find a 10K race. I find that I'm really motivated to run when I've paid out money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome!! how do i get this daily run thing? and how do i connect it to my google blog?? I want it! first run in charleston-i got lost-ran 3.39 instead of just 3. not so bad for the first try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i get my motivation from charities! Joining Team In Training was the best thing I've ever done. It helps me get out of bed when I realize "if people and BABIES can go through chemo....I can make it through this run"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations & way to go! That's great that you did it ... especially in the cold. I'm a cold weather wimp & have turned to the treadmill the past 2 weeks. Like Christina, I use buckeyeoutdoors & love it. Your dailymile looks intriguing, so I may have to check that out.

    Keep up the good work & thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete