Sunday, February 27, 2011

Legs of Lead

I didn't make my run on Friday. I had waited for my husband to get home from school so we could run together. But.....we needed to pick up my new sunglasses first. For some reason the office was full of people and it too a good 20 minutes to just hand me my new sunglasses (I didn't need an exam, just the box in my hand!!). By the time I made it back to the car we were losing daylight and Husband was in a pissy mood. We would have gotten locked into the park we planned on running and Husband suddenly has a fear of the dark :(

So.....we didn't run. We went home mad at each other instead.

Sunday rolled around with a cold breeze. I wasn't totally feeling it. Husband was feeling motivated to clean and organize the basement....so we did that. When we finally reached a stopping point I realized I couldn't avoid the run no longer.

I planned a looping route through 3 neighborhoods that are connected by an not-yet-built neighborhood. This kept me off main roads and away from traffic. However, there were a ton of hills! My pace and legs were really slow :( I also took a ton of walk-breaks. I just had to. Lead legs don't move fast! At all! Argh!

I guess that's what I get for skipping all my other runs this week.

Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week. I'm done with PT and can't use that as an excuse after school anymore. These runs will get done!

Happy Running!

2 comments:

  1. You'll do it. I was a slug today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it happens! Good for you getting out there yesterday - wishing you happier runs! :)

    ReplyDelete