Friday, July 9, 2010

One week in Paradise


Doesn't this just look amazing??

Husband and I have returned from our vacation to Paradise. We had planned to have a lot of fun in the sun. However, the weather had a different plan. Apparently the sun decided to take a vacation also. It wasn't terrible. It was not as hot and sticky as it could have been. It kept people off the golf course for Husband. He was able to walk on every course he tried and play 18 holes in less than 3 hours. The sun did come out of hiding for our last two days.

Running update:
We did bring our running shoes to Paradise with us. If you read my last post, you know that we got in a run on Friday morning. The bug I picked up on the plane did not make it an easy run. It also didn't make for an easy next few days. But I eventually got it under control. The husband, however, had a great week of running. He even managed an 8-miler...the last 2 miles of which were in the pouring rain. I'm just slightly jealous that he could venture so far from the bathroom. We had planned on running a beach 5K on Tuesday evening, but the weather and my bug kept us from the race.


The view of Paradise.

I spent time by the pool instead. How awesome is that pool? I almost read an entire book. I might have finished it, but it was really hard to get into.

Now we are home and back to reality. I plan on running a short distance tomorrow and a long distance on Sunday. I will get back on the training wagon as soon as possible....however my insides still feel like they've been bugged. :(



2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better and find a better book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you got sick on your Vacay! At least you were in Paradise! That pool looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete