Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend of...ummm....Nothing good

That's right. I did nothing this weekend.

Well....I did do a lot of cleaning, but that was it.

I worked out to my new DVD on Saturday and failed. Couldn't make it all the way through a set without stopping. It kicked my butt. I also have an extremely sore back today because of it :(

It rained on and off all weekend and I couldn't run. But that's not a good enough excuse. I just didn't feel like going.

I might as well post about it now and get it over with. Due to the massive debt Illinois has gotten itself in to, they are slashing budgets everywhere to make ends meet. One of the areas they are slashing is education. Long story short, about 65+ non-tenured teachers are being cut from my school district. This includes me. That's right. As of Monday afternoon, I will no longer be employed. Seniority has influence on this decision because there is no seniority for non-tenured staff.

However, there is a silver lining to all of this. Because the law requires district officials to give staff members notice of non-renewal 60 days before the end of the school year, the district is cutting more staff members than they need to just to cover their butts. This means that there will be open positions. I fully expect to hired back for one of these positions. I will not know this for sure until mid-April. If I am rehired, it won't effect my seniority or salary status. So, everyone needs to keep their fingers crossed for me and my friends in the district.

I do need to run tomorrow. I hoping to get a run in before the guy comes to give us an estimate on a fence. We're using our tax return to give Bentley a better back yard.

Fingers crossed that I can keep it together tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Good luck with being hired back. That is horrible. I will be thinking of you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez I HATE THIS! Why do so many states feel its perfectly fine to cut on EDUCATION!!!! do they not realize the ridiculous illiteracy rate in this country! we believe ourself to be the strongest nation yet our education is failing miserably. Guess it would be too much to ask for the mayors or governor to take a pay cut? I've heard some states are making the school week 4 days! geez. I'm so sorry to hear that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? Cut on education??? That's ridiculous. It's not like teachers make as much as ohhhh the lawmakers cutting education funding! GAH!
    Sorry to hear about your position being cut but it sounds like there's a lot of hope for being rehired! Fingers crossed!
    I had motivation issues on Saturday too. It was just so dreary and rainy out!

    ReplyDelete