Alright folks, here's what you've been waiting for......another recipe!
I borrowed this one from Weight Watchers and love it! It's only 3 pts. per serving.
Sauteed Tilapia with Almonds and Cherries
1 Tbsp sliced almonds
2 tilapia fillets1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbsp white wine
1/2 cup cherries, sweet, pitted, halved
1/3 cup veggie broth
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1. Sautee almonds in large skillet over medium heat until golden. Remove and put in a bowl.
2. Warm 2 tsp olive oil in skillet. Salt and pepper the tilapia and add to pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side and remove to covered plate.
3. Warm last tsp olive oil in skillet. Add onion. Cook until softened. Add wine and scrape bits from bottom of pan. Cook for 20 seconds. Add cherries, broth, and thyme. Heat until simmering, cook for 30 seconds to reduce.
4. Divide sauce and almonds over fish and serve hot.
5. Pair with any vegetable you choose and enjoy!
We loved it! It is by far the fanciest thing I've ever made. And it's super easy! Individually frozen tilapia fillets, frozen cherries, and a bag of sliced almonds is all it takes! You can even buy pre-chopped onion! Easy peasy!
So....get out there and get cooking soldier!
Got our taxes done today. Let's just say we have some big landscaping plans in the works! Can't wait for spring so we can get started!