Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Hello again. I'm hoping to find my way back in to the world of running one of these days...

But today is Tasty Tuesday! And do I have a good one for you.

I must say, before I post the recipe, that I love Taste of Home! They haven't failed me yet. Today's selection is called Asian Chicken with Gingered Vegetables.

Asian Chicken with Gingered Vegetables.
Ingredients:
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 4 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
  • 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
  • 1 medium carrot, julienned
  • 2 Tbsp. orange juice
  • 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
Directions:
  • Combine first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  • Broil chicken 4 inches from flame for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear
  • Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes or until veggies are tender. Serve with chicken.


This was an easy and delicious recipe. I would recommend it to anyone! There is also a grill option for the chicken, but my husband wasn't home and I don't dare touch his grill :) You'll notice a lack of carrots in the picture. That's because we didn't have any. I also added the sesame seeds for a little bit of flair.

According to Weight Watcher's guidelines, this recipe was only 5 points, including the veggies.

Again, super easy and super fast. I broiled something for the first time without setting off the smoke detector. We need a new oven...bad!

2 comments:

  1. I love ginger. Where do you find the chinese 5 spice? I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it in the baking/spices aisle. I bought two different brands on accident because of poor list making/remembering skills. Tone's and McCormick both are two brands that carry it.

    ReplyDelete