But today is Tasty Tuesday! And do I have a good one for you.
I must say, before I post the recipe, that I love Taste of Home! They haven't failed me yet. Today's selection is called Asian Chicken with Gingered Vegetables.
Asian Chicken with Gingered Vegetables.
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- Combine first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Broil chicken 4 inches from flame for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes or until veggies are tender. Serve with chicken.
This was an easy and delicious recipe. I would recommend it to anyone! There is also a grill option for the chicken, but my husband wasn't home and I don't dare touch his grill :) You'll notice a lack of carrots in the picture. That's because we didn't have any. I also added the sesame seeds for a little bit of flair.
According to Weight Watcher's guidelines, this recipe was only 5 points, including the veggies.
Again, super easy and super fast. I broiled something for the first time without setting off the smoke detector. We need a new oven...bad!