Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"long" run

Ok....so 4 miles is my version of a long run. Ha! One of these days it'll be a real "long" run. But for now, 4 is cool.

I combined two of the new routes I've run in the past week or so. These routes are pretty. They're older, more established neighborhoods with beautiful landscaping. One backs up to a golf course! I'm mentally logging all these things husband and I need to do to our house. In order to get to both of them though, I need to run through an under-construction neighborhood. The streets aren't paved yet, just gravel. My ankles and knees aren't too thrilled with it.

Ok....I started this post 20 minutes ago. I can't think of what else to say. Good run. Want to do it again on Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. Nice job. I'm working on making my long run longer too. We'll get there. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! 4 miles is a great distance. Ice those knees and ankles if they hurt - it really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to start somewhere. I remember when my long runs were 6 miles. Now they are over 11. And now that I am recovering, they are 2.5. All a matter of perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby steps, friend. Four miles = longer than three! Long run is relative. We all start at the beginning. :)

    I like to look at houses in our neighborhood when I run, too. Love architecture.

    Happy running!!

    HUGS from Orlando...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of stuff to do to the house is endless...

    ReplyDelete