Saturday, November 14, 2009

I ran

Inspired by Lisa, I talked myself into doing a morning run this morning before my seminar. And...I got up and did it! This not only amazed me, it confused my husband who didn't know where I had gone when he woke up.

The alarm went off at 6:20 and I was surprisingly awake! I usually get up at 5:45 to get ready for work, so that may account for my alertness. Bentley was excited and danced around the room while I dressed. As I was putting on my new running socks I discovered that he had chewed a hole in one of them! Grrr! But eventually I put myself together and off we went. Luckily the sun still comes up around 6:00 and it wasn't too dark outside. I still need to get some reflective gear.

Because this is Week 1 of the Couch to 5K Program, I alternated running 1 minute and walking 1 minute. Bentley doesn't like this because he just wants to keep going. We're working on commands like "heel" and "slow down" so I don't have to keep choking him when I slow to walk.

Everything went pretty well. I'm still experiencing pain in my shins when I run. This may be a combination of foot problems and old shoes. Who knows. Hopefully it goes away.

So proud of myself!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! Woo hoo!

    As far as the shin pain, it could be the newness of running but you MUST get fitted for shoes. That will make a HUGE difference. It won't be cheap but it's money well spent.

    ReplyDelete