Sunday, January 16, 2011

Can't believe it!

**Welcome new followers! I've gained 2 more since the new year :)

I'm only 1 week into my half training this year and I'm already slacking off :(

Didn't run last Tuesday night because of an "emergency" grocery store trip with Husband.
* Saved it by running 2 on Wednesday night with my SIL at the gym.

Didn't cross train on Thursday because I had too much school work.
* No save here other than I did get a lot of my plans written :(

Didn't run my 2 miles on Friday because I woke up with a cramp in my neck that made it impossible to turn my head completely to either side. This cramp got worse throughout the day and eventually spread to my shoulders and entire upper back. I came home from school and crashed because I thought that the flu that's been going through school had finally hit me. I was all ready to give in a be sick for this 3-day weekend when I woke up the next morning feeling fine....Ugh! Could have done that run!

Sadly, I woke up late and didn't have time to get in a run before I had to go to my Grandpa's for the afternoon. I spend every Saturday from 11-3 with Grandpa. This is why all my long runs are on Sunday. After an exhausting afternoon with him, I just wasn't "feeling" a run....and I had a Lia Sophia party to go to. I barely made it to my in-laws for the Packers game at 7! GO! PACK! GO!

Didn't run my 4 miles on Sunday because Husband is supposed to do long runs with me and he is actually sick. Plus, we slept in this morning and just made it to his parents' house in time for the Bears game. Boooo Bears! :( Ended up getting stuck over there until 5:00. Note to self....always drive separate cars to in-laws' house...



Soo....what you read was a long list of excuses and "reasons" why no running has occurred since Wednesday night. I needed to write it all down so I could be accountable to myself and to you. I do not feel as if I have lost motivation, I just feel that I have let other things come between me and my training. I was actually mad at myself on Saturday morning for sleeping in and not getting up for a run before Grandpa's. I scolded myself all the way out of the neighborhood :(

I am, however, getting up tomorrow and putting on my running shoes for those 4 miles even if Husband can't make it. I will not give up on this one!

Happy Running!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's ok! We all have off weeks when life just gets in the way. (Well, i know i sure do!)

    You'll be back out there in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often let things get in the way of my training, especially lately. I don't like it but it is a fact that I have to accept that I do not have time for everything. I do the best I can. I think we all do, you know.

    ReplyDelete