Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bloggy Award :)


Katye from Long Legs on the Loose awarded me the Cherry on Top Award this week. Thanks Katye!!

The Rules:

1. Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

2. The second thing you have to do is, pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have gotten this award.

3. The third and final thing is, thank the person who gave you the award.


So.....here it goes:

In my world, the phrase "hindsight is 20/20" is pretty much my unofficial motto. After something happens I can always think of a million ways I would change it, say something different, do something different, etc. But, I wouldn't be the person I am today if I had a do-over button on my life.

That being said, I would like to change one thing. I would have liked to keep in touch with my high school friends more. After we graduated, there were those summer months where we pledged to be friends forever and never be apart. Sadly, we drifted away and stopped talking to each other. I am an out-of-sight-out-of-mind kind of person and honestly forgot about most of them. Now we're at the point where most of us are married and about to start our own families. It would be nice if we could get together for "play-dates" or something when the time comes. But, now I just feel awkward contacting them. I feel like, "Hey! We haven't even thought about one another for almost 10 years now. Let's start talking again!" That just seems weird to me. If it weren't for Facebook, I don't think we'd be "friends" at all anymore.

OK....kinda sad. I know. But that's really what I would change if given the chance.


Now for the tags. I'll try my best to choose people that haven't received this award before. But if you have, consider yourself blessed :)

1. Jill....Life in Charleston

2. Jill....Finishing is Winning

3. AJH....Age Groups Rock

4. Christina....Lazy Bones Running

5. Lisa....Lisa runs? Wait...what?

6. Mellisa....Crazy or Determined?


Well, there you have it! I'll let you know some time next week that you've received this award if you haven't commented on here to let me know you saw your tag.

There is a slight chance that I will run before school tomorrow. But I do have miles planned for this weekend. My 4-mile race is 1 week away!!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. If it weren't for facebook I won't know what half of my high school class was doing.

    Although, I have to say, I have enjoyed hearing from the few people who have reached out to me even though I may not have spoken to them in 8 years. It doesn't hurt to try! You might be pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete