Friday, January 2, 2015

Thoughts on Failure

Four years ago I began training for a half-marathon. 

Three years ago I was pregnant. 

Two years ago I laced up my shoes and went for a run. 

One year ago I settled for failure. 

Today I made a decision.

I decided to run again. 

Over the past year I have learned a lot about me and what I am capable of. I began a new journey last March that has carried me to place I never dreamed I would go. I will do what I can in the next few months to explain what I can about this adventure.

What I can explain now is that since April 16, 2012 I have considered myself a failure. As a mother. As a wife. As a teacher. As a person. But since May of 2014 I know better. 

"Failure is the only opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely." ~ Henry Ford

And so I begin again. More wisely.

Watch me run.

No comments:

Post a Comment