Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Progress

Since my last post I've run 3 times. I have completed every day of the abs challenge so far. I've even gone back to the gym. I'm pretty stinkin proud of myself!

Illinois winter officially arrived this week with a decent snow and a Wind Chill Warning. My partner, AC, didn't want to run outside on Tuesday night because of the cold weather, so we ended up at my gym. She's never really trained for a half before, and I want to make sure she doesn't quit on me, so we've been taking it slow. After our run she decided to join! Sweet! Now we can complete the rest of January's relatively short runs at the gym!

Because of that Wind Chill Warning, school has been canceled for the past two days. Husband and Son went with me to the gym today. It was nice going as a family. Son played in the child care area without a total melt-down like he had this summer, and I could make googly eyes at Husband while running laps. We have plans to head in tomorrow as well.

Just got an email that my new Garmin Forerunner 405 has shipped. I had gotten one way back in 2011 and it has been my friend ever since. Even through long breaks in the dresser drawer, it's been there when I needed it. But when it came time to train this year, it crapped out. Glitchy. Won't hold a charge. Won't turn on. So it's been replaced. Hopefully it will get here in time for next week's trip to Minnesota.

Stay warm my friends.


1 comment:

  1. Keep at it. It's very cold here but we still have school. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete