Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aimless

That's what I feel like right now.

After all that training for my half marathon, all that running all summer long, and it's all over. I feel.....well.....aimless. I have other races scheduled for the fall, but they are what I can now call "short" races that don't require intense training like the half did. I kinda feel lost.

What do you do when you're not really training for anything? What should my goals be? Now that school is starting, I will have a lot of time-juggling that needs to be done, but I do want to run at least 3-4 times a week. I can't see myself having time to run every day and make my gym membership still worth paying for...and finding time to sleep or spend time with my husband. I'm thinking I'll be doing mostly afternoon/evening runs and will need to invest in some good reflective/light-up gear. Where does one buy a head-lamp? I haven't seen one at my local running store and I've spent a lot of time there this summer.

Don't forget to check out Jill's Yurbuds giveaway! She's giving away 3 pairs, so I've got to have a pretty good chance, right?!?!

3 comments:

  1. Set a minimum number of miles for when you do run. Do a "longer" run each week. Plan your days and stick to them. Look for races you would like to do.

    That is what I do and it works for me when I am not training for a long event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ever since I've started running, I've been training for something so I am no help on this one. I love having a goal and I always have one. Whether its running, school, work, or life I'm a goal oriented person. I work well when I have a plan. So find another race! I'm not saying you need to go register for something right now but start looking at some bigger/long races you'd be interested in. Having that in the back of your head might help you keep up with the miles =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I am always training! Even when I was injured, I was training to get better. It is probably why I race as much as I do. Luckily, I also volunteer so I defray my costs big time on tri's. I think if I didn't have something lined up...it would be tough. My "off season" is only like 3 weeks when it is all said and done.

    ReplyDelete