Thursday, January 10, 2013

Running in Circles

Was able to do another great run/walk with my friend from work tonight. Luckily there was basketball practice in the dome instead of softball practice. I would rather dodge basketballs any day over softballs.

I feel like we get a lot more done when it's just her and me. Other moms sometimes join us, but they really just want to talk and walk. I'm looking for a workout! I want to run! But I feel like I need to walk and talk with them. They walk fast, and I'm super short, so I do get my heart rate up trying to keep up with them. But I'm not going to walk a half-marathon. I want to RUN!

I want to RUN!!!

Tonight my friend and I tentatively decided to run a 5K the first weekend in April. It will be my first race in over a year. The Arnie Johnson 5K was also my first race ever. So it's kind of special. I'm looking forward to running this with a friend and expanding my racing shirt collection!

I'm heading to Minneapolis this weekend to try on bridesmaid dresses with my sister. I was thinking of bringing my shoes and outdoor gear. Then I checked the forecast.......high of 7. It has yet to be that cold here. I don't think it's been that cold here in over a year! Ah! I'll be leaving my shoes at home, thank you very much!

Happy Running!


1 comment:

  1. Doing a race with a friend should be fun. You're smart to pick one a ways off.

    ReplyDelete