So...Tuesday is my 1 year Blogiversary. Can you believe it? I'm rather impressed with myself. Never have I kept a diary for more than 6 sporadic months.
Some of my milestones since November 9th of last year (courtesy of Dailymile.com)
Miles run: 262.78 miles run.
Races run: 5
Longest distance: 13.1 miles (half-marathon folks!)
Fastest 5K time: 29:09
Blog entries: 151
Here are some interesting things I have done or have learned in my year of running:
- I can run outside in single-digit weather. Never though I could before.
- I received some gift certificates for magazine subscriptions for school in the spring. I used the majority of the money for Zoobooks, Boy's Life, Nat. Geo for Kids, etc. And then I used the rest for Runner's World! After I read them, I put them in a box on one of the bookshelves. My students are really interested in them.
- Every time I go to Target now, I cruise the sale racks for running clothes.
- I know I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I've lost weight! (probably the best part of this whole thing)
- I'm currently watching the NYC Marathon on TV. I never would have paid any attention before.
- I am part of a huge support network of bloggers who inspire others to run.
- I now know the locations of restrooms or "possible restrooms" on most of my running routes. Darn Brown Monster! Ugh!
- I own a Garmin! (well.....I'm borrowing it....but Husband has only used it twice since he got it. He's a spring and summer runner. I'm more hardcore than he is ;) )
- When we book vacations, I check websites to find out if there are races being run while we are there. The local Road Runners Club in Where-My-Aunt-Lives, Florida is bookmarked on my favorites list.
- My husband's extended family is contemplating running a 5K together next summer. (my idea by the way)
- I convinced my parents to sign up for the Mini-Marathon (2.62 miles) family race for the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon weekend. We'll walk it together the day before the half Ryan and I are running. But....I'm working on my dad. He just might run it if I have my way!
- I love this sport!
This weekend I'm going to add 3.1 more miles to my total and 1 more race for the year. We're traveling to Florida for my Aunt and Uncle's 40th anniversary. That's right 40 years! Can you believe it?! Congrats to them :) And they're pretty much the coolest people I know.
I am looking forward to another year of miles on my shoes. Here are some things you can look forward to:
- My second Half Marathon....Cellcom Green Bay in May.
- More runs with Husband and Bentley.
- More 5K's! Don't expect another one until March or April. Racing shuts down around here at this point in the year because of the cold.
- Running while preggo!.......I'm not pregnant, but I planning on be pregnant by September if goes according to plan....I will need advice on this one!
Stay with me on this amazing journey! I appreciate all your support! :)