I have seriously neglected some things these past few weeks:
- My body......sleep and running have taken a back seat to busy, busy, busy! A week in Disney will do that to you :(
- My house.....though we cleaned all day before we left for Disney, the house is now showing signs of being lived in again (aka...mess!) There is one whole room I never even touch! But, it needs to be cleaned.
- My blog.....sorry people! Being that this is a running-related blog and I haven't been running, I haven't been blogging. Things will change soon!
Oops! Neglect no more! I'm back and looking to pay some attention to some stuff!
Want a Disney recap? Here you go:
- I'm never going to Disney, in the summer, with children in strollers. I witnessed too many tantrums to ever want to take that on. I said silent prayers for every brave family I saw with children under the age of 5. More power to them but I will not join them.
- Husband really likes Disney....even though he pretended not to be as excited as I was!
- Disney's allergy accommodations for food are amazing! I had gluten-free chicken fingers! For the first time ever! I felt like a princess talking to the chefs at each restaurant we ate at.
- Make your dining reservations as soon as you book your trip. We didn't have a problem with any restaurants because we'd had our reservations for 6 months :) Never waited more than 10 minutes for a table.
- If staying at the all-star resorts.....stay at the sports resort. It's the first stop for the buses :)
- Wear sunscreen! I voided every shower I took by lathering myself with sunscreen immediately after. But, I didn't get burned!
- Fast pass is the way to go! We didn't wait for more than 15 minutes for any ride.
- If you're an adult, and feel up to it, drinking your way around the world at EPCOT can be fun :)
-We bought the refillable drink mugs from our resort and probably saved $100 that week with how many times we refilled them. We're gifting them to friends who are traveling later this year :)
-Hollywood Studios isn't as much fun as I remember.
- The character breakfast is a good idea. They made me gluten-free Mickey waffles! And we saw all the characters we miss that week!
We've been home for two whole days and I'm still not caught up on sleep. We packed a lot into those 5 days......but for that price, you would be silly to miss something! We squeezed every dime out of our vacation :)
I woke up this morning (a struggle) and checked the gym schedule to see what was being offered today. (I am making a big effort to catch a class almost every day this summer) Core H2O was at 10:00. Sweet! My core is rather soft and lumpy, plus I have a really cute suit for water classes :) Off I went. I ran 2 miles on the treadmill before class (I miss running!) and then changed and got in the pool with at least 20 "older" ladies. (I felt like a little kid!) But the class did the trick and I'm rather tired. After my afternoon nap I'm sure I'll feel it in my tummy.
What's on the schedule tomorrow? Basement finishing supplies are being delivered and I have a class for school to take at noon so I'll probably run around the block with Bentley in the morning.
I'm back at it and hoping to put lots of miles on my shoes this summer :) Happy running!